I was browsing PIXAR CANADA website and found some good and new tips for making demoreel. I will keep it my mind.
- Remember to create a story that sells your skills. Think outside the regular format for your project. Consider two short films or a few vignettes - they don't have to be long.
- Know the story point and emotional quality of every shot, as well as your character's development through the story.
- Watch for blank areas in the middle of a face as they reduce the punch of facial animation.
- Some things are hard to animate. Choose wisely when deciding want to incorporate: E.g, Two characters interacting (fighting, hugging, pulling), weight change (heavy objects, pulling, buoyancy, falling & contact, gravity), emoting, dialogue.
- Film yourself doing the actions in your project.
- Use dynamics efficiently and only when it's worthwhile.